CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm home and almost all caught up!

I left early Wednesday morning to spend 3 days with STE and family. I hadn't seen the older twins since December and the babies left straight from the hospital. So I was really looking forward to this visit. I had a great time and will post about it on twinsforthetwins.blogspot.com as soon as I get pictures uploaded.

I came home Friday night to rain! It rained most of the weekend, so Ciera's Sunday softball practice was cancelled. On the way home Friday, Brian and I stopped for apple pie and vanilla ice cream. We left Raley's with 2 additional containers of ice cream-I just could not decide.

Saturday we all got to sleep in and I woke up to snuggles from Logan (he'll deny it if you ask him though). Logan had basketball pictures and a game at 3:00. It was a close game until the last quarter or two. Unfortunately they lost, and I'm not sure what was going on with Logan. He just didn't have any enthusiasm or aggressiveness. He claimed his 'lungs' were hurting, but honestly he hasn't been sick at all so I'm hesitant to believe there is something wrong with his lungs. Sunday night he declined the visit to the dr. and said he thought his chest was just bruised from a fall he had and he'll be OK after all. We'll see on Friday I guess.

After the game Ciera and Brian went to pitch and Logan and I went to find a 'cool' hat for Logan. He'd been asking for one for awhile and this was what he decided he'd like rather than a trip souvenir from me. Within 5 minutes he had picked out the hat and was ready to go (a black Volcum hat-not on sale, but still cheaper than at Lids). We then all headed to Brian's parents' house to celebrate Jackson's 10th birthday. The youngest cousin is officially in double digits. We had a great meatloaf dinner that EVERYONE ate (usually someone opts out) and cheesecake for desert.

Sunday was either going to be a movie day or a shopping day. Ciera decided after much thought, to go to the mall. To our surprise, Logan said he wanted to come as well. So Brian opted to go with us since we were all going, but honestly I think he would've been happier to stay home. Logan picked out another summer outfit, checked out the hats, bought a video game and spent the rest of the time 'playing' video games at Gamestop with his dad. He also bought his first wallet and is so excited about it. Ciera found a pair of capris that are so tight she couldn't get them on with the security tag ,2 pairs of shorts that are too short to wear to school, 2 camis, 2 t-shirts and 2 pairs of shoe laces. We also stopped by Ulta to find a new face wash that 'smells good'. We'll see how well it cleans her face.

Instead of going home and making the planned potato and ham soup, we stopped by Togo's for a yummy sandwich. Once we got home it was time to get on with the Sunday evening needs, laundry, room cleaning, homework finishing, etc.

Monday morning went as well as could be expected. We had to leave a few minutes early to pick up Ciera's friend that needed a ride. Logan was quite upset to have to leave early for Ciera's friend and he wasn't afraid to let us all know that he was irritated. We made it on time and his bad mood was quickly forgotten (he was playing happily at lunch recess).

I took Ciera a hot bowl of soup at lunch time and then returned my library books. I really haven't gotten much done today other than laundry and wiping down the counters. I also started dinner, so that counts for something. I was going to walk the dog, but I find myself out of time.

Ciera has a lesson tonight if it doesn't start raining. Tuesday I am scheduled to get my TB test done. Tuesday night Ciera has playoffs for her Tuesday night league. Her team was the number 1 seed, so they have a pretty good chance of winning the championship. Wednesday, Ciera and I have dental cleaning appointments. There's a volunteer Thank you 'thing' at school that afternoon and Ciera has a lesson that evening. Logan also has basketball practice, so it will be a busy day. Thursday both kids see the orthodontist. Hopefully Ciera's brackets look cleaner than last time! Friday night is Logan's basketball game and then we head into our last weekend of no softball tournaments.

I hope to get the house picked up this week, buy some groceries, try to figure out what to do with Ciera's room, start walking, start watching what I eat and hope that my milk production stays high. These are all just my hopes, we'll see what really happens. I would also like to find a new garbage can that doesn't drive me crazy with the bag. We're on our 3rd one and I'm still not happy. All I want for Mother's Day is the perfect garbage can, sad really!

1 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Wow, no rest for the weary...welcome back home!

Can't wait to read your other blog...