CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Introducing,

My new sneaker!
Main image for GEL-<span class=
I put new sneakers on my Weekend List and I finally got over to Famous Footwear 1 hour before closing. I hate trying on shoes even more than I hate trying on clothes, so this was NOT a fun trip. I arrived armed with socks and I immediately got busy. I knew I needed to not even pay attention to the color or how hideous they looked. I simply needed a sneaker to walk in and go to the gym in that would be comfortable. I am VERY big on comfort and I haven't had a comfortable sneaker in years. I tried on several different pairs and brands. I finally settled on two and had to decide between them, without letting color or cost be the deciding factor. I tried them with socks and with just the 'footie' nylon, since I really prefer to go sockless. After 45 minutes of intense scrutiny, I finally decided on this pair. I'm actually quite excited for it to cool off so I can go test them out tonight. They are really squishy, comfy and they aren't too tight around my foot, nor does my toe rub.

I then headed over to Home Depot to pick up paint for Ciera's room. I'm thrilled that she finally decided on a color and am debating whether to get started right away or wait a week until they are out of school. Just a few years ago I could go crazy and paint all night, but my body just doesn't quite care for that type of abuse anymore. It takes me much longer to recover when I mistreat it.

Totally off topic, but has anyone seen the new Jonas Brothers show on Disney? It's playing in the background and I happened to catch parts of it last weekend as well. I'm not sure whether it's really neat that they are doing such a 'down to earth kid' show or totally creeped out by it. I Fell In Love With the Pizza Girl is not one of their better songs.

1 comments:

Betsey said...

Shoes that are comfy and cute -score!