CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, May 22, 2009

I know, I know

I really left things hanging last week.

Most of the time I don't even think twice about putting all of my information out here for everyone to see and then there are times that I have a bit of paranoia, like last Friday. I started to write about us being gone to Stockton all weekend and the fabulous deal we got through Priceline, but then paranoia hit. What if was telling someone to feel free to come rob my house since we'd be gone from Saturday to Sunday night? Are burglars really reading through all of my mundane tales, just to know when my house will be empty? Probably not, but you never know. It's just like the cars that will park across the street from our house and just sit there. They are probably just parked in the shade, near the park, enjoying their lunch or making a call. But every now and then I think someone is staking out our house to become familiar with our habits and that any day now someone is going to come try to rob us. Paranoia or perceptive?

We received game times for Ciera's weekend tournament on Wednesday night. They were going to have to be at the field in Stockton at 7am, which meant we'd have to leave home by 5:15 and Sunday's game times would also be early. So Ciera and I decided to try to get a room. Priceline here I come! I was able to get a room about 15 minutes away from the field for only $44 a night. When we arrived Friday night, we were both SO pleased! It's was a beautiful, new Best Western. The water pressure was amazing and they had pillow top mattresses with soft blankets! Since my neck had just finally started feeling better from our last hotel stay in Fresno, I was thrilled with our Priceline outcome. Since we got such a great deal, we decided to stay Saturday night as well.
Best Western Plaza Inn & Suites
Standard Double Room

Logan and Brian had a basketball game Saturday morning, so it was just me and Ciera on Friday night. We had a very nice drive down together and enjoyed a Panda Express dinner.

Saturday was an early morning, but we were thankful to not be playing in the late afternoon when it was 104. We were back at the hotel and in the pool by 3:30. The girls played great and won all 3 games on Saturday.

Brian and Logan made it to Stockton for our last game of the day on Saturday. Logan had played at 9am and since Brian is coaching he is the one that gets to go to all of the games. I was bummed to have not been there. I heard it was perhaps Logan's greatest game ever. He scored almost all of his team's points and he did a great job at point guard. He was aggressive and a team player. His team is still not winning much, but he's had a great time and really learned a lot. He's been applying things he's been taught before but never been confident enough to use in a game. I have to miss next weeks game too. I'm hoping Grandma or Papa will take some video for me though.

Sunday was another long and HOT day. The girls won their 9:45 game, but didn't play again until 2:15 (and really they didn't start until almost 3:15). The winner of the second game went on to the Championship game. The girls did a great job of hanging in there and not giving up, but ultimately the other team won. They had a girl hit it over the 205 fence and that about did us in. Ciera got to play 1st base during this game, which is why you can only see her feet in the pictures in the other post.

Logan kept busy playing with the other siblings. They got water guns and kept cool with them for awhile. They then got really spacey and started just squirting the ground. They had a ton of fun playing in the dirt and mud (a waste of good water gun water in my opinion, but it kept them happy).

We stopped by Grandma and Papa's to swim on our way home. I even got in with just my clothes on, it was THAT good! (I have since found a swimsuit). After cooling off a bit, I left the kids with Brian and I headed home to get unpacked and the laundry done. It was a long, hot weekend, but we all had a good time-and nobody robbed the house!

2 comments:

J and D said...

I feel the same way with facebook updates. Sometimes I worry someone will know too much.

Sounds like it is very hot in Cali. It is only 90 here.

Betsey said...

Paranoia is normal I think, it occasionally crosses my mind... but I try not to worry about it too much.