CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, May 22, 2009

Catching up, again

I'd been doing a great job of walking my 30 minutes- 1 1/2 miles per day up until this last weekend. With the heat and softball there was no way I was going to get out and walk, although I did bring my beat up sneakers just in case (I still haven't gotten to Famous Footwear to try and find a new pair).

So on Monday I had some making up to do. I walked Monday morning and Monday night. The dog is so happy to take these walks with me, although I still haven't been able to get anyone else to walk with me. I made a trip to Costco for more bottled water and some other necessities, like milk. The kids have started drinking milk like crazy. Ciera had a lesson that night and I finished up the unpacking and laundry from our trip.

Tuesday it all finally hit me. I dropped the kids off at school and went back to bed. I woke up feeling SO much better. I got in a double walk that day as well.

Ciera's class went on a field trip to John's Incredible Pizza on Wednesday. It wasn't entirely educational, but it was an end of the year trip for the 6-8 graders. The kids had a great time. Brian now gets to pick his furlough day, so he spent the day at his mother's, helping her get the yard ready for open pool season. Then he and Logan headed to basketball practice. Once again, I got in 2 walks and am getting faster every day (maybe every week is more accurate).

Thursday I got my morning walk in the morning while it was still cool. I spent most of Thursday in Ciera's classroom finishing up some typing for her teacher. Ciera had practice that evening. I had hoped to walk the track while she was at practice, but it was just too warm still. So I walked around 8:45 at home once it cooled down.

Friday I was up at 5am to pump and decided to stay up. I got in my walk at 6:30 when it was nice and cool. I was a bit surprised to see so many people out walking or running at that hour. There's hardly anyone at 9am. I was feeling very ambitious since I was up and moving so early. I grossly underestimated how long it would take to do everything and ended up rushed by 10. I got laundry done, dishes done, cupcakes baked for Logan's class, pumped again, showered and was out the door at 10:45 to pick up pizza for Logan's class party. We are definitely celebrating the end of this school year!

Logan had a few friends over after the minimum day. They seemed to have quite a bit of fun on the trampoline, playing with the hose and water guns. By 4:30 they had all gone home and Ciera and I headed out to get a jump start on my Memorial Day Weekend List. I have so many things that I've been meaning to get done and just no time to do them. So I decided to list them all out so that we don't forget to do them while we're busy sleeping in. Brian is a little less enthusiastic about my list. Ciera and I got my Target returns done (some items I'd had since March), headed to Home Depot to get paint samples for her room and look at ceiling fans. Logan has been asking for a ceiling fan for 2-3 years and we never get around to doing it. Everyone else has a fan, I think we need to make it a priority this summer. We also stopped by the AT&T store to look at phones. The kids would both really like a phone to text, but we just can't seem to figure out how to go about doing it without spending an extra $60 a month. They both get about $20 for allowance and that's really as high as I'm willing to go for it. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options for $20 a month. I have a very bare bones plan that meets my needs and offers a ton of minutes. I can't modify it at all and keep my minutes, so we're a bit stuck as to what to do. Someday we'll figure it out I'm sure. Ciera also thinks it's a tad unfair that she has to pay for it. So we may never do it.

Ciera has softball practice Monday afternoon and she still has to go out each day with her day, but we have no other obligations this long weekend. My nephew, Jackson, slept over Friday night, so Logan has been busy jumping on the trampoline and playing Wii with him.

It's still quite warm, although weather.com claims it will only be in the mid 80's this weekend. I'm optimistic that we can get a lot accomplished this weekend and still relax quite a bit as well.

0 comments: