CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 11, 2009

A wonderful weekend!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

Saturday I made my mom breakfast and we got to visit for a few hours. With our busy schedules we just don't get the chance to do that very often. While I was gone, Brian took Ciera to her lesson and Logan finished up the written portion of his research report. Brian then took the recycling and newspapers for me. We now have our garage back AND an extra $45.

That afternoon we headed to Brian's sisters for a yummy dinner that I didn't have to make, London Broil and baked potatoes with brownies, ice cream and strawberry shortcake for desert. While there I was able to trade out a table we wanted to use for Ciera's room with a desk for Jackson. My SIL had also picked up a bedding set that we wanted for Ciera, so we were now ready to start tackling Ciera's room (I had wanted to have it done over Spring Break).

When we got home I spent the rest of the evening moving things around in her room and trying to figure out how to make it fit her needs. I reluctantly went to bed (she needed her room so she could go to bed), but I didn't make it out to walk.

Sunday morning I woke up to pump before anyone else was up. Ciera had softball practice, so I got her and Brian up and made myself a bowl of oatmeal (Brian had asked the night before if I wanted them to make breakfast, but my oatmeal isn't too tough for me to do on my own). Brian, Ciera and I headed out for practice and Logan was to work on the oral portion of his research report. I walked for 30 minutes, a little bit more than a mile, and then got to watch practice, read the paper and start a new book.

We headed home at 11:30 and I didn't really want to wait for the Papa Murphy's pizza to bake, so we called in to Pizza Guys for a Pepperoni and Onion pizza (it sounded really good). When we got home Logan was dressed and had made me a card (they didn't make anything at school, they must be too old?). It was so sweet and he had put a lot of effort into making it just perfect for me. We all ate lunch and then watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I had been wanting to see this movie since it came out, but I'm so glad I didn't pay for it at the theater. It was a good movie, but very long and slow.

It was finally time that I could throw myself into organizing Ciera's room. This was the ultimate treat for me. We haven't had anything to re-do in quite awhile (I reorganized all of my kitchen cabinets within a month of the babies being born). Logan finished up his report, Ciera did her math homework and I was in a state of bliss. We finally had to break for dinner at 6:30. I was so involved and happy in the room, I hadn't even realized I was hungry. My Papa Murphy's pizza was delicious and exactly what I'd been hoping for.

At 8:30 Brian and I headed out to walk one more time (to make up for not walking on Saturday). Then back to the organizing. I finally called it quits around 10:30, but the kids were having a hard time getting to sleep. It must've been all the excitement of cleaning and reorganizing!

It's not how everyone would want to spend their weekend, but I had the best time!

0 comments: