CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Saturday-what was I thinking?!!

We woke up Saturday to a beautiful sunny spring day. We had blue skies and 70 degrees as a high, who could complain about that?

I had volunteered to host Easter with Brian's family, assuming that the kids were too old for an egg hunt and the state of our backyard would not matter. Well, my 10 & 12 year old kids absolutely thought they were young enough for an egg hunt, so Brian decided to tackle the yard. It was truly overgrown and just the thought of doing anything to it always wore us out. But, if Brian was really going to get up and do it than I may as well get out there and help. Brian's plan was just to weed-eat it all down to an acceptable height. I on the other hand, feeling energetic 7 weeks pp decided to actually pull the weeds. I figured it had rained all week, the ground would be damp enough that they would pull up easily. And they did, but there was a lot of them! I lasted about 1 1/2 hours before I started feeling dizzy and tired. I gave Brian the go ahead to just weed-eat the rest of them.

But we weren't done yet. If we were going to finally do stuff in the yard, we ought to take down the broken trampoline and move the basketball hoop. And if you're going to do all of that, you really need to sweep up all of the patio areas.

After spending the whole morning and most of the afternoon outside working, we then headed to the ball fields to watch Ciera's friend play softball. We only stayed for about an hour before heading back home so Ciera could go pitch with her dad and Logan could play some basketball on the new 'court'.

My memory has still not quite recovered from the pregnancy, but I 'think' we had asparagus raviolis for dinner that night. I'm working very hard to make meals at home that will use up all of our frozen items.

I'm pretty sure we all fell into bed rather exhausted. We all had an early day coming up.

0 comments: