CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 27, 2009

Really?

Have I honestly not written since Tuesday? That can't be right!

Wednesday Ciera had pancakes and Logan chose bacon, but only ate 2 bites. At least I tried to provide them with breakfast and I can live with that. Brian and Logan finished putting the trampoline together Tuesday night, so Logan and his friends got to jump after school. It was still far too hot, so we hosed them down a bit. I think he had a pretty good time with the boys.

Ciera had a lesson in the evening and Logan had basketball. After the lesson Ciera and I did a bit of shopping at the mall. She went to every store looking for a swim suit with a print that she liked and a fit that she was comfortable with. She finally ended up where she started, JC Penney.

Thursday Ciera did not have testing, so she was on her own for breakfast-what a nice mom I am. Logan had a bagel with cream cheese, not too difficult. This was the final minimum day as well. While the kids were at school I ran to Costco for a few last minute items for our trip to Fresno. I of course ended up with way more than I planned to buy and didn't get to baking the cookie dough that I went for.

It was finally cool enough to go to the park with the boys after school. While there I ran into a mom from Ciera's kindergarten class. It was nice to catch up with her and I may even check out her 'book club'. I'm not really into discussing what I read, but I may give it a try and see what all the fuss is about-if I can remember to pick up the book.

Ciera and Brian headed out for team batting practice before the big tournament weekend. Logan and I were home alone for most of the evening, so we picked up Logan's favorite for dinner, Panda Express. Ciera's friend, KK, from softball stayed the night so that Ciera would have companionship on Friday while I was having lunch with my friend Millie.

Friday I dropped Logan off to school at 10am and the girls and I headed off to Yuba City to meet Millie for lunch. Her son, Christopher (born through surrogacy), is just the most adorable little guy. He's almost 4 months old and was such a good baby. I can not believe how active the little guy is! He was moving the whole time, wiggling and kicking! It was so great to see Millie with him (I loved when he snuggled into her shoulder and fell asleep) and to hear about the transition of having a new little baby in the house. I'm so bummed that she's moving so far away, but am also thrilled that I had the chance to meet her and her little guy. Hopefully if she comes back to visit her family someday, she'll give me a call and I can see her again!

Of course I lost track of time and lunch went past the allotted 2 hours. We were officially starting out late for our drive to Fresno, plus I needed to pump. That morning I finally worked on getting a hands free system and it worked great! I was able to get all hooked up and on the road. We did stop while I finished up and the girls had some Coldstone. The drive wasn't too bad (about 3 1/2 hours) and we got into Fresno around 6.

The girls immediately took off to find other teammates and I headed to the room to pump and unpack. I had made arrangements to meet an online surrogacy friend for dinner. We had a great time and again ran out of time. The girls had an 8am game on Saturday, which meant being in the car at 6:30am. So we had to end the evening, but I'm pretty sure we could've chatted for another couple of hours-and I'm not really much of a people person!

Ciera went to dinner with her teammates and hung out with them in various rooms throughout the hotel. She never really knew where she was, but she had a lot of fun. Saturday morning came way too early, but we made it up and out the door with enough time to pick up some french toast sticks.

The girls played 3 games on Saturday. They lost their first game, tied the second but lost in overtime and won their 3rd game. Ciera had some great hits though. Her hard work in the off season is finally paying off. Brian and Logan made it into Fresno at the end of game 3. We got to go back to the hotel as a family and enjoyed a nice pizza dinner in the room. The kids and I got trapped watching a Lifetime Premiere movie, Unstable. After dinner Ciera took off with her teammates again to run around the hotel for 2 hours and Logan got to play with one of the brothers. Nothing is more fun than hide and seek in a hotel! They also had a bit of fun with the luggage carts.

Brian and Logan had stayed home Friday for Logan's basketball game on Saturday. They had a nice time home alone, jumping on the trampoline. The game on Saturday wasn't quite so easy as last week. They lost 7-20something. Logan scored 4 of the 7 points though, so he was pleased by that.

Sunday was another 8am game, but fortunately for me Brian was there and could take her at 6:30. That gave me an extra hour to sleep, get ready, pump and have everything packed and loaded. We were all checked out before we left for the first game. Unfortunately, I woke up with a horrible crick in my neck. It's still quite painful today. From now on I'm taking my feather bed with me to the hotel (if I have the space I really will)!

The girls won the first game, so we got to play again. Again, Ciera had some good hits, but the girls just weren't able to win the game. We had a quick lunch at Chili's and then were on the road to come home. Ciera and I stopped by Ikea on our way and had some fun checking out all the new rooms. Once we were home it was time to unpack and get laundry done. I was exhausted when I finally went to bed at 11.

I was still able to pump fairly regularly this weekend, but I didn't keep track of how much I was getting. I hope to see where I'm at today and that the numbers haven't dropped too badly.

Today I intend to finish the laundry and get a nap in. Ciera has a lesson this evening and I believe we are having enchiladas for dinner.

Tuesday Ciera has a 6pm game and I have to get things tied up at the house before I hop on a plane Wednesday morning to visit STE and the babies. I'm so excited to get to spend 3 days taking in the changes and hopefully helping STE out a bit.

Brian will be on his own with the kids for basketball on Wednesday and softball on Thursday. I return home Friday night and then we have basketball and a birthday dinner for my nephew Jackson, on Saturday.

One day at a time!

1 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Hey just wanted to wish you a safe and happy trip before you leave! Have fun!!!!