CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another sporadically rainy day

It rained off and on all day Wednesday and it looks like today will be more of the same. It's not a heavy rain, just enough to keep the sidewalks damp.

Wednesday morning we got a surprise phone call from Logan's friend Matthew. Logan's day was saved from STAR practice work and he got to spend several hours with his friend shooting baskets with water balloons-in the rain.

I spent the time FINALLY getting the house cleaned up some. I hadn't actually swept or mopped under furniture since the cleaning gals did it during my 2nd week of recovery. I hadn't even swept the 'visible' areas since Logan's birthday in mid-March. If you do the math that's far more time than should've ever passed, but we don't eat off the floors so it's OK if they are covered in dust, dirt and dog hair.

Logan had a rock crystal growing kit on my kitchen counter since the beginning of March and I finally decided that it needed a new home. Of course that meant I needed to reorganize and purge some things from his bedroom. And if you're going to reorganize you should wipe the dust off the shelves at the same time.

Yesterday afternoon I was feeling a little overwhelmed with so many 1/2 started projects, but today I am thankful to have finished up so much. Logan's room feels done enough for me, the bathrooms and the shower are feeling pretty clean, the floors feel wonderful to walk on barefoot, the spots have been scrubbed out of the area rug, all of the counters but one are squeaky clean and I still have all of today ahead of me to get the table cleared, newspapers recycled, my room picked up, a smelly load of laundry done and Ciera's room to 'organize' (once I make the bed it will feel almost done enough).

I managed to take a lasagna and garlic bread out of the freezer for dinner last night. I loved it and thought it tasted even better than when I first made it, but Brian and Logan still didn't care for the spinach in it. I have learned my lesson about sticking vegetables in foods that they don't belong in. I am now left to eat lasagna for lunch for many days. I'm tempted to stick some of it back in the freezer, but the point was to make room for milk.

I also spent last night reorganizing the freezers and moving all of the food inside and all of the milk to the garage freezer. The plan had been to take all of the milk with me when I go to visit at the end of the month, but I think I'm going to have to send out a 3rd shipment since the airlines are actually restricting how much baggage I can bring. It does feel good to see how much milk I've made though. Perhaps we won't have to find other milk donors in 6 months and STE, our donor Kari and I will make enough to sustain V&B for the entire year ourselves. I went ahead and ordered a set of Pumpin' Pals yesterday and I'm anxious to give them a try. They are a set of flanges for my pump that are tilted so you can sit back comfortably and the milk won't back up into the tubing or spill out on me. Some people love them and find they produce more milk, while others find that they don't get as much milk from them. I'm hoping to love them. I also ordered a 'nursing cover' to use while I pump in the van and when others are around so I don't have to go off by myself for 40 minutes. There was a great deal at Udder Covers and I only had to pay shipping. I'm very happy to report that the PISA is doing just fine maintaining my supply.

Ciera is supposed to have a scrimmage game tonight, that may or may not get rained out. Logan and I are going to get going on his STAR language practice questions and we may bake cupcakes too.

Friday Logan gets to spend the day with his friend Garrett and I'm going in to see if my haircut can be fixed. I was just never really happy with the bottom layer-we'll see. Friday evening Ciera gets to sleep over at Rachael's house, so we get another quiet evening with Logan. Logan has taken to sleeping on our bedroom floor, 'since it's Spring Break'. Last night we all watched Marley and Me and tonight we get to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua-should be fun-ish.

1 comments:

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Your going to see them the end of the month! How exciting!!!! Time sure has flied by...it's such a wonderful experience to get to hold and cuddle the little beans and see the family together isn't it.

You continue to amaze me on the pumping, I'm sure between the 3 of you those babies will be well fed for more than a year!!

Hoping it doesnt' rain out on your weekend...have a Happy Easter!