CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 21, 2009

First Friday

I don't have much to say today.

Last night was our busy night. Logan had a final basketball practice and Ciera had her first softball practice with her new fall team, Rocklin Hype and they were both at the same time. I returned home to find Logan distraught over his math homework. Honestly I think the week had caught up with him and he was just tired. He did fine once we sat down with him and talked him out of his panic.

The kids got up fine today, I slept in until nearly 7 and then went back to bed after dropping them off at school. I've done nothing today except a load of laundry and picking up a bit.

We've received a ton of bad news this week and lost a few people from our lives. I don't think I'm depressed as much as I'm emotionally exhausted. This weeks news came on the heels of having to deal with other extended family issues and I'm just spent.

My brother in Alaska is headed down for the services and it will be good to see him. Hopefully things will go well and everyone can continue to stay strong.

Tonight is Logan's last basketball game of the summer season (they may have a playoff game, but I don't expect they'll win it). We have no regrets about having him play with this coach, he's definitely become a better ball handler and much more confident about his abilities on the court, but they've only won 1 game.

The weekend looks to be fairly clear, aside from a service, so it will be nice for the family to relax and get ready for week 2.

1 comments:

Millie said...

I'm sorry for your losses.
I hope that this week will be wonderful for you.