CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2nd day of school

I found the camera and the kids grudgingly took a 2nd day of school picture for me as we headed out the door (almost on time). Ciera has become a bit of a picture freak, so she didn't really complain and Logan claims he was just unhappy because the sun was in his eyes (which it was).
Day 1 went well for the kids. They both came home happy, although they pointed out I was late. School gets out at 3:00. I arrived at 3:02, but most kids must've left a bit early that day. I can never really win, so I've stopped trying. Ciera loved being back with her group of friends and they even invited the 1 new girl and 1 of the new boys to join their group (sit with them). Logan hung out with his friends and was pleased to have an old friend back in his class.

I had a nice but nonproductive day. I finished my book club book, The Invisible Wall, and took a wee nap after going to the gym. I neglected to take anything out for dinner so we had a Back to School dinner at Jack in the Box (with 2 coupons). Upon returning home I took chicken out to marinade so we'd have a dinner at home on Tuesday.

Today they both packed their own lunches again, with only minimal help in finding the right sized containers for their food. (I stopped buying baggies last year-trying to reduce my carbon footprint-and Ciera has really hated it ("all my friends use baggies"). I headed to the gym right away and am now trying to decide if I should enjoy 1 more day of napping before getting serious about all the stuff that needs to be done around the house. I'm thinking the dog looks really lonely sleeping in the chair and I should go snuggle him in my bed, for just 1 more day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Queenie327 said...

Looking good!

Sarah Andrews said...

When I read your post it makes me wonder what our life will be like in a few years when Brielle goes to school. Enjoy your nap!