CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 3

I woke up even later this morning and I'm still tired and grumpy. The kids however are doing great with the morning routine. There has been no fighting or attitude or lounging around. They get up and get things done, except breakfast. Today was the first day Ciera ate breakfast and I just can't seem to get Logan to ever eat. This is nothing new and he does eat a healthy snack at school almost immediately. He just needs time in the morning before eating.

I didn't think I'd make it to the gym right after drop off, but at 7:45 all I had left to do was brush my teeth so off I went with no time to take a picture. You will have to trust me, they looked dang cute today. Logan wore one of my favorite outfits for him and Ciera pulled together another bright outfit.

While trying to get dressed this morning I realized I'm out of clean, comfortable undergarments, so laundry is on the agenda for today and a little more Percy Jackson-book 5.

It has been miserably hot this week, high 90's. I know it's been hotter at points this summer, but I believe we slept away a lot of the hot hours. The heat has really gotten to me this week though and has made me rather cranky. Is it wrong to have Grandma pick up the kids from school while I float in her pool?

Last night we had an amazing dinner. Logan had suggested Italian marinated chicken breasts, so I grilled them up, threw them on a bun with romaine hearts, some cheese, bar-b-q sauce and some leftover bacon. Delicious!! Plus we had watermelon at Ciera's request.

I had a good time at book club last night, while Brian and the kids played basketball and pitched.

Tonight Logan has basketball practice and we will have enchiladas (frozen from 2 or 3 weeks ago) or spaghetti with meat and mushroom sauce (frozen from 2 or 3 weeks ago) with garlic bread. The spaghetti will actually require more prep and time, so I think we'll have it tonight and save the easy enchiladas for Thursday's crazy schedule.

Here's my dinner time issue, Ciera hated last nights dinner. "I don't like chicken." Brian will not care for the spaghetti dinner and Ciera will not even eat the enchilada dinner, "I don't like red sauce on my enchiladas." Logan is the least picky, but he doesn't eat much. I have no idea what Ciera actually eats aside from lettuce and cereal. This is why I'd found it easier to just eat out somewhere, plus I don't have to cook, but lately we can't even all agree on one fast food place. I think I will just have to start planning menus around what is on sale or in the freezer (previously on sale) and hope that they will eventually all start enjoying the meal.

With Brian looking at 3, possibly 4 furlough days, I have to really look at employment for myself or really start controlling our budget and getting us the most for our dollar. Since I don't want to fill out applications, much less a resume, it looks as though option 2 will win out.

3 comments:

Millie said...

Sorry to hear about the furlough days.
Sounds like school is going good. I sure know what you mean about not adjusting to getting up early! My girls are doing great but I'm sure dragging.
I had to google Percy Jackson to find out who he is. Fantasy books right? Are they adult only or suitable for my 14 yo? She loves fantasy books and is looking for a new series.

Sarah Andrews said...

I say floating in the pool is a good option! Meal planning does sound difficult right now. But the grilled chicken on a bun sounds delish - I would totally eat it!

Alicia said...

Stopping in to say "HI!"!!!