CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to school

Ciera and Logan headed back to school this morning! As it was time to leave I frantically began looking for my camera-can't forget the first day of school picture. I couldn't find it and the kids were anxious to get going. Fortunately we recently discovered that Ciera's laptop has a web cam. C quickly got it set up so that it could get both of them in the shot for me and we were set.

Friday Ciera had an appointment to get her hair cut and add some bangs. She's pretty pleased with how it turned out, but would've liked it to have been a bit shorter (although she didn't say anything while we were there about it). On Sunday Logan decided he would like to clean up his hair, so off he went with his dad for a trim. Imagine my surprise when he came back with a 1 & 2, with nothing left to 'muss up' with gel. He assures me that it's not a buzz cut, although when I gave him this same haircut for the first 9 years of his life he definitely thought it was a buzz cut. In the end, he's happy with it, his dad loves it, and I will love not having to worry about the back sticking up although it's still going to take me some time to adjust to it.

Without further ado, my 7th and 6th graders.

And no, I did not require them to wear matching outfits. They both chose their own clothes and they just both happened to be yellow (you can't see either one of their lower halves, which is really why they are wearing yellow. Logan has on plaid shorts and Ciera is wearing her new favorite neon yellow skinny jeans.)

Hopefully they have a great day. I am always a little sad that I'm one of the few parents that just drop the kids off on the first day, but they both have asked me to not walk them into class for the last 2 years. I didn't even make them lunches today, they both made their own all by themselves. Fortunately, I'm ok with that.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wewurtskihit said...

oh boy...they sure grow up so fast, dont they? Now they even make their own lunches?!?!?!

Sarah Andrews said...

It's about time you BLOGGED Cyn!

I've missed you!

Ok - so when did your kids grow up? They look so good!

Millie said...

Logan has a great haircut. But not a buzz, huh :-)
I would love to have seen those skinny jeans. My girls each got one pair of skinny jeans this year (that was all they wanted). I think they are so cute and remind me of my own high school. It all comes back around.
Here is something super sad. My girls didn't even want me to take them to school today. I always take them on the first day of school. sigh. They do grow up too fast.

Rebekah said...

Mine started back yesterday too... sigh... where's that pause button for life??

I love it when Kent fixes his own lunch too! :D