CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer is not so easy!

I know I've neglected this once again. But I'll tell you, it's not so easy to get stuff done now that the kids are out of school. Honestly, sleeping in every morning really takes a bite out of your day!

The camera is still in the car, so you will have to continue waiting for last weekends pictures.

On Monday I headed back to Curves. 14 weeks PP seemed like more than enough time for my incision to heal and for my milk supply to be established. I also took Ciera with me to try it out. I made it 4 times and Ciera made it twice. I still don't know her decision about going throughout the summer, but I'm back. As much as I don't care for exercising, it did feel great to use those muscles again.

My week went a little something like this. Wake up to morning pump around 5, go back to bed. Wake up between 9 & 11, make oatmeal, pump and eat the oatmeal, head to Curves, home to shower and then whatever else needed to be done for the day.

On Monday Logan got to go to his friend Garrett's house for a bit. Tuesday we headed down to Orangevale for a cancelled pitching lesson. We went to the nearby park to throw instead. Logan and I took turns walking the dog around the park. On Wednesday Ciera went to Moriah's house and Logan had his final basketball practice. Thursday Ciera came home at 2, had a lesson at 3:30, team practice at 5:30 and then went to a teammates house to spend the night. Friday Ciera had a swim party to go to for another teammate. Logan had his final basketball game Friday night.

The game was great to watch, even if they didn't win. I hadn't seen a game in several weeks and it was amazing to watch Logan on the court. Not only was he hard for me to find because of the new short hair cut (and all of the blond being cut off and replaced with a dark head of hair), but he was so much more aggressive and all over the ball. Anytime there was a possibility of a jump ball, there he was! He rebounded, dribbled confidently (which was an area he improved on tremendously), looked for the pass and shot the ball when it was a good shot to take. He's played for 4 seasons now and has made SUCH progress and he has so much more confidence about his abilities as well. Rumor has it that he'd like to play a summer session, we'll see.

After the game they had a team party at one of the boys' pool. Only 5 of the 9 boys showed up and it was COLD, but the boys hopped in the pool, squealed for about 3 minutes and then didn't complain again. For a group of boys that were strangers just 10 weeks ago, they had a great time!

Saturday we had an "off" day from everything and there were some great movies playing. So, we made a day of it. We started with an 11:30 Star Trek which most of us really enjoyed. We then headed in to Night At the Museum which was very similar to the first one. The kids really enjoyed it and I dozed off for a few minutes. Next, was Logan's long awaited Terminator 4. He and Brian had spent the last week watching the first 3 to prepare. It was a tad disappointing to them both, as it just didn't seem to have much reason to be made. It didn't do much to expand the story. However, I enjoyed it and thought it was well done. The chase scenes didn't seem as tedious as they had in the first 3. Logan then gave up and I took him to dinner while Brian and Ciera watched Angels and Demons. Brian was fairly disappointed by it as well and said I didn't really miss anything. After the movies we stopped by Walmart to pick up a small list of groceries and Logan spent some of his birthday money on a new Nerf gun. We were home by 9 and in bed by 10:30. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Today Ciera has a 5 hour softball practice and Logan and I are just hanging out. He's shown me all of the similarities and differences between his 3 Nerf guns and I feel so much smarter for it. I'm sure this bit of knowledge will come in handy, someday! I'm desperately hoping to get the house swept and mopped, to get all of the garbage taken to the can, to clean my bathroom AND finish the laundry. It probably won't get done, but I'm hoping!

Next week Logan's friend Brandon and his brother will be here in the mornings and then the three boys will head to basketball camp in the afternoons. Ciera has a lesson on Monday night, practice on Tuesday and Thursday nights and we head to South Lake Tahoe on Saturday for a tournament. It should be beautiful up there and we're hoping to spend a day as a family discovering the interesting things about Lake Tahoe. With it only being 2 hours away, it's really pathetic that my kids have never even SEEN the lake (and we were there last summer and didn't show them the lake). Logan says he's seen pictures of it and that's enough, but it's really not acceptable.

As I look at my June calendar I realize that this summer is going to go by WAY too fast! Ciera has tournaments every weekend, practices twice a week, lessons once a week, plus time with friends, a week long softball camp and swimming. Logan has 3 basketball camps, cousin time, friend time, swim time and possibly basketball again in July. I hope they enjoyed the laziness of last week because I don't think the rest of the summer will be so 'lazy'.

At one point last week, Logan decided to buy a slip and slide and he set it up himself. He spent the better part of a cloudy day out sliding on it by himself. It was wonderful to see him entertain himself and be OK doing it alone. At some point everyone has to figure out how to enjoy 'alone' time and be OK without a group of people entertaining him.

I hope to get a bit of a better routine down here pretty soon. The cleaning really shouldn't be avoided all summer long and I really want to get Ciera's room painted, but the thought just exhausts me. This is where going back to Curves should help. I feel quite certain that once I start losing some of the remaining 35 lbs I will get some energy back.

Pictures will be posted whenever I get the energy to retrieve the camera from the van-or when Brian gets home and will bring it in for me (just realized he has the van anyhow).

0 comments: