CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A little more timely

As I began my cleaning on Sunday I discovered for the second day, that there was a considerable amount of water on the floor between the toilet and Logan's sink. Since Logan was home I wanted to know what he had been doing to get so much water on the floor two days in a row. He claimed he was not responsible, but it was a lot of water! Turns out the toilet had been leaking from the bottom of the tank. After doing a few online checks, it looked like a fairly easy fix. After spending all day trying to get the nut off, we realized that we needed some help. My step dad came down on Monday and got the plastic nut off for us so that I could continue to fix it. I decided to replace the entire fill valve rather than just the seal since we'd stripped the pipe pretty good trying to get the nut off. I ran out of time on Monday to finish up the project, since I bought the wrong replacement hose. But by Tuesday afternoon, it was finished up and running great. We are pleased to say we almost did an entire repair all by ourselves!

Logan was pretty disappointed with the basketball camp on Monday. He said the stuff was too easy and it was boring. We had to remind him that even the high school boys break things down into basic moves and that there was nothing wrong with working on his jump stops and pivoting. Since there were only 9 kids in the camp, I felt pretty confident that the rest of the week would focus more on where the kids where with their abilities. On Tuesday I watched the last 45 minutes of the camp and Logan looked beat! He was sweaty and red faced, but he was having a great time. They worked on 3 major points and Logan was putting them into play during the closing scrimmage. It was nice to see him much happier.

Ciera and I made it back to Curves on Tuesday, but Ciera is still a bit undecided about how she likes it.

The kids are spending a lot of time with Brian on the trampoline each evening. It's nice that they've all found a way to enjoy the time together rather than separately. Logan will even come in and invite Ciera to join them.

By 9 I was feeling really tired and had a bad headache. I woke up around 10 feeling horrible. My stomach hurt and was making very sad noises. I spent the next 1 1/2 hours in the bathroom. I very rarely vomit, so I was quite surprised when I actually became sick. I did feel much better though. I then took 2 Tylenol and headed back to bed. When I woke up this morning I felt much better. Not sure what it was, but I think I will be able to stay away from the brownies for a bit.

I'm starting the book club book today, Darcy's Story, and I'm excited to finally get started on it. I've never actually read Pride and Prejudice, but it should be interesting anyhow. This is a book from Darcy's perspective.

We have a relatively calm evening ahead. We're going to go check out Jackson's basketball game tonight and that's about it. The kids have chosen Chicken Tenderloins for dinner, so that should also be easy.

STE started a blog and it's been a lot of fun to follow. Yesterday V-R rolled over for the first time and continued to practice throughout the day. She was even got on video. It just melts my heart to see them all.

Brian brought to my attention the other day that our anniversary is coming up (I had noticed it on the calendar as well). It' hard to believe we've really been married for 15 years! That's an incredibly long time. And although we've settled into a pattern and our lives and time revolve around the kids and their activities, there's still no one else I'd rather spent that time with. I'm immensely grateful that he is supportive of ANYTHING I choose to do and he's such a great father!

5 comments:

Betsey said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling bad.. I hope you are better now. Sounds like a great book -would love to hear what you think after you read it.

himynameisjackson said...

AWW SNAP!

Rebekah said...

Wow... 15 years coming up! Congrats!

I hope you're feeling better!! :)

Vickye said...

Congrats on your 15 years!

I am trying to read Pride and Prejudice this summer and am also interested in what you think of the book. Especially want to know if it's easier to read! lol

MyLifeMyWorld said...

Awe, I'm sorry to hear you were sick...could have just been the 24 hour bug??

Glad though that it came and went pretty quick. Hows the pumping going?

Congrats on your 15 years, thats a huge achievement!!!!

Is STE's blog public, I'd love to follow it if she is willing?

Great to hear from you and glad the kids are all happy and well.