CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A fascinating parenting article

I ran across this article on another blog and thought I'd share it with those of you who aren't on my Facebook (and why exactly haven't you added me yet as a Facebook friend?).
Definitely food for thought. I find myself constantly challenging parenting opinions (my own and others') and wondering if I'm headed in the right direction. Which things do you really stress with your kids and which things are unnecessary. Most of our choices we've made with our kids I am ok with and still believe in, however there are a few things that I definitely wish I'd/we'd done differently. I can only hope to share that knowledge with my own kids when they become parents and hope that they will appreciate the wisdom that the advice comes with.
Enjoy!

The Growing Backlash Against Overparenting

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks for sharing, there are plenty of things I would call a "do over" on if I could get the chance. I'm doubting that I'll ever have the opportunity so I'll just have to do my best from here on out! :)Alicia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the article, it was a really good read.

We all have things we'd like to be able to do again, but that's the thing about parenting, there is no book, we have to do our best with what we got, and well doesn't seem like you've done a bad job at it so don't beat yourself up over it. Your a great mom and your kids seem pretty well rounded and happy.

Thanks for sharing that

Amanda