CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, June 11, 2010

The end of Vacation week 1

and SO little has been accomplished! I'm almost ok with it though.

I've started back up with my physical therapy and weight loss. This summer will be about 'taking back me' or at the very least, 'trying to devote some of my attention to myself'. I intend to get back to the gym on Monday (took off a few weeks for the hurt ankle) and I'm going to try and keep somewhat normal hours. During my first week I managed to get myself all out of whack-bedtime at 1, sleeping poorly and then sleeping good once morning hits. It's hard to get anything done when I'm not getting out of bed before noon (but it was decadent for the first week).

Logan has been out of school since May 24 and he's settled in nicely. He goes to bed around 12:30 and is up around 10. He doesn't seem to have much interest in doing anything with anyone, but hopefully as summer drags on he'll become bored with hanging out at home all alone. He's been very sweet though and we've enjoyed quite a few games and quiet moments together. I'm trying really hard to be a more attentive listener so that he won't stop talking to me, but he claims I still suck at it. (Yes I asked him if he'd noticed that I'm trying harder).

Ciera just got out of school on the 2nd of June and had a school honor roll Bowling party on Thursday, so that basically counts as a school day. Today was her first day with no 'plans' and she is already complaining that 'summer is really boring'. I'm hoping she learns the importance of making plans in advance.

I'm hoping to rededicate myself to cooking at home, finding new things that the family will eat and hopefully feeding us all healthier options. I HAATE searching for the recipes though! I'm also hoping to get the house picked up, cleaned and a better system for helping it to stay that way once I return to work in August.

We have a few trips planned, some softball tournaments, a lot of softball practice, basketball games and practices and a basketball camp for Logan. It's not a highly structured summer plan, but mine never is.

2 comments:

J and D said...

so lucky to be on vacation. I am counting the days to mine.

MyLifeMyWorld said...

WOw, sounds like your first week was a dream! Enjoy your vacation with your family.

Oh and by the way...we are never good enough listeners in a teenagers eyes. If you ask them what would make a good listener, I'll bet most time they can't even anwser it themselves. It's just the nature of the beast and will pass (hopefully)