CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, February 15, 2010

Here's what really happened

I did NOT manage to get back to the blog to update about work (going well), Ciera's school situation (also going well-couldn't be happier) and how things are going for Logan (good days and bad days, but he's loving basketball and his new Itouch).

Here's how I actually spent my 5 days off.

Thursday: watched some tv, napped a bit, did a bit of laundry and carted Ciera around to dental appointments. Logan had basketball practice in the evening and I 'think' I went and watched.

Friday:Logan and I saw Lightning Thief and I didn't even think about how much I paid to get in (the sign of a truly enjoyable movie). We stopped by a cupcake store and splurged on expensive cupcakes (they weren't really worth the $2.75 price tag, now we know). We then picked Ciera up from school. We've all been battling colds and by Friday night mine was winning. Thankfully Ciera's basketball game was canceled and I napped through the headache. I can't remember doing anything else productive, probably a load of laundry, but who's counting.

Saturday:Logan had a basketball game and it was another nail biter. Logan has generally been on losing teams and he is enjoying his team's wins immensely. At some point by Saturday afternoon the kitchen got all cleaned up (could've happened on Friday though). I'm not sure why I'm having such a tough time remembering what happened all weekend. I picked Ciera up from a movie and we hustled butt to get her to her basketball game. After basketball we picked up Ciera's friend and headed to Brian's parents for his dad's birthday dinner. We had a great time and enjoyed visiting with everyone. Brian's cousin and family also made it up for dinner.

Sunday:Ciera had softball practice and Logan had his cousin's come play. I dropped Ciera off to see another movie (13 is expensive) and I ran some errands while waiting for her. I then got to drive several of her friends home as well. Sunday night I vacuumed the living room, the couch and under the couch. The kids and I watched a movie as well. More laundry was done.

Monday:I headed to physical therapy in the am and Ciera headed to the snow with her friends. Brian and I watched Inglorius Bastards, finally, and I did more laundry (it's all done for now though). I also attacked Ciera's room and got it rearranged and cleaned.

On the mental list there were many things that did not get done: cleaning the entire house all in 1 day, putting away the winter decor, finishing my book, Safeway shopping, Costco trip and getting to the gym. I'm confident they will all get done before my next week off for Spring Break. Perhaps the blog will even get updated by then.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! You are a busy woman, glad to hear things are going well for you.
Alicia

Betsey said...

Still sounds like you got alot done Cyn -- which is great! I guess I missed this, why are you in physical therapy? I hope everything is alright. We enjoyed a low-key 4 day weekend of being together (most of the time) and my hubby even accompanied me on 2 of my shopping trips -which was actually really nice. Now back to work.... really makes me enjoy those days off!